Thursday, June 28, 2007

Nairobi "Green City In The Sun

"Africa: I Have Come Home"
Africa!
My homeland I have finally come home
My heart is full of joy
For I have been many places
And boy have I seen many faces
But the beauty of Africa
I have never set my sights on
The glory of African land
I have not stepped the magnificent elegance
I have not embraced
With its majestic Splendor,
my travels have stopped me from seeing
BUT AT LAST, NO MORE!
For I have made it home Mother
I have made it back to where I belong
Where every man is my brother.
Where people are equal to one another
I have made it home Mother!
Where my forefathers first stepped foot
Home to where my great, great, great, great,
great Grandmother made her bed.
Oh God I have made it.
No more will I wonder and dream
For Africa my homeland I have finally come home!

No comments: